My name is Edward Wolcher. I’m a Seattle-based artist, technologist and non-profit specialist.
I help artists, activists and non-profit organizations incorporate new media and web technology into their work while remaining authentic to their voice.
My core values are social justice, accessibility, and democratic ownership. I use open-source technology wherever possible and empower partners to be digital owners and creators, not merely consumers.
(Virtual) Event Production
I help clients plan and execute elegant virtual events. From living-room concerts to gala fundraisers, I find the solution to tell your story.
Hire me to
- Design and implement virtual events that stand out from the noise.
- Foreground accessibility.
- Engineer seemless streams. No more “is this thing on?”
I make video, audio and animation for clients who need their work translated to the cloud. I excel at finding the precise interventions that elevate your voice without the overhead of a large, expensive production company.
Hire me to
- Build beautiful animated titles that give identity to your livestream.
- Edit succinct and powerful videos.
- Produce your podcast or vlog; set you up with the tools needed to explore your own media production.
I navigate the wild bazaar of technology products and services thoughtfully, finding the right ways for clients to integrate tech into their work.
Hire me to
- Evaluate your data to liberate you from spreadsheet nightmares.
- Build custom web applications.
- Uplift your process by introducing digital techniques for media making and distribution.
I build delightful, modern websites with clean, custom code.
Hire me to
- Blow the cobwebs out from an old wordpress site.
- Audit and update for accessibility and responsiveness.
- Incorporate easy-to-use content management tools.
In the crisis of quarantine I’ve supported over a dozen artists and organizations transitioning to virtual programming. Major projects have included Northwest Folklife’s 2020 virtual festival “From Home to Home”, the 2020 Seattle Children’s Festival, and performance streams for the Capitol Hill Arts District Streaming Festival and Seattle Pridefest.
Fundraisers & Galas
I’ve helped groups transform Zoom calls into parties, bring fundraisers onto YouTube and Facebook Live, and incorporate virtual event suites like Remo to bridge the funding gap during a critical year. My clients have included Community Alliance for Global Justice, Seattle Neighborhood Greenways, & Climate Solutions.
Town Hall Seattle
I served in leadership roles at Town Hall Seattle, a national model for interdisciplinary cultural programming, from 2010-2020. I oversaw the organization’s transition to a new ticketing platform and CRM, launched their livestream and podcast programs, led outreach efforts to community partners, and produced hundreds of civics, science and arts & culture events for over 100,000 people.
I’m always happy to have a conversation about how to support good work with the right tools. I look forward to collaborating with you!
Hate these forms? E-mail me directly: edwardwolcher < at > gmail.com